I've had this ice cream maker on my wish list forever and I got one this week as an early mother's day gift! I am so excited since I have a long list of ice creams, frozen yogurts, sorbets, and coconut milk ice creams that I want to try! Oliver was really excited to try an ice cream with cream cheese so that's what we decided our first ice cream should be. I found this blueberry cream cheese ice cream recipe and decided to add a strawberry mint salsa instead. It turned out so amazing! It looks like it's going to be a delicious summer!
*this is recipe #21 in my 52 recipes challenge
Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberry Mint Salsa
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup 2% milk
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
3/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
2 tbsps fresh mint, finely chopped
1/2 cup whipping cream
- Blend the cream cheese, milk, lime juice, sugar, and salt in a blender until smooth.
- Chop fresh strawberries or blend frozen strawberries with the mint to make a thick salsa.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a bowl or extra large mason jar and mix with the whipping cream and strawberry salsa.
- Cover bowl or place lid on your mason jar and refrigerate overnight.
- Make your ice cream according to your ice cream maker's directions. If you are using a KitchenAid ice cream attachment, make sure the ice cream maker is turned on before you add your liquid. Mix for 15-20 minutes and then freeze for a few hours before serving. Allow your ice cream to sit out for a few minutes before trying to scooping.